[TWO x 30] Call for Artists and Body-based performers
- To enrich your movement exploration and to learn new techniques and perspectives, in a 3-day workshop directed by renowned Canadian choreographer Michael Caldwell
Dates: 8, 9, 10 November from 10am to 1pm.
- To perform in Two x 30, a contemporary improvisation-based work on Saturday 18 November at 11:11 Art Space.
Performers must commit to the 3-day workshop (November 8, 9, 10 from 10am to 1pm) + 5 days rehearsal & practice (November 13-17 from 9am to 2pm).
For WHO: The workshop is designed for anyone that has a movement-based or body-based practice. This includes dancers and actors, also folks who work in Yoga or Pilates… also open to singers and musicians who have performance practice and have a curiosity for movement.
About the Piece: Two x 30 explores the inextricable link between our collective and unconscious patterns of movement and our surrounding environment. What begins as ‘two people passing by one another’ soon develops into an intricate and rigorous physical conversation, highlighting the complexity of human interaction and communication. Two x 30 is a contemporary dance / live artwork, presented in a series of duet performances.
About the director: Michael Caldwell is a choreographer, performer, curator, artistic director, producer, and arts advocate, based in Toronto, Canada. Garnering critical acclaim, his choreography has been commissioned/presented at major festivals, in traditional venues and in site-responsive and community-engaged contexts. He has performed/collaborated with over 55 of Canada’s esteemed performance creators/companies, working internationally and performing across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia and his performances have earned him two (2) Dora Mavor Moore Awards for outstanding performance in dance. Currently, Michael serves as Artistic Director at SummerWorks in Toronto.
How to apply:
Workshop from 8, 9, 10 November, 10am to 1pm at Dancenter
- Early bird FEE: 390,000vnd/ day or 900,000vnd for 3 days.
- At the door fee: 500,000vnd/day
- Limited to 20 spots.
Performance on Saturday 18 November at 11:11 Art Space with prior Practice from Monday 13 to Friday 17 November, 9am to 2pm at Dancenter (4-10 Performers will be selected among the workshop participants).
The performance and the workshop are both non-profit events.
All profit made from the Workshop registration and Tickets will be split to compensate the performers.
- Michael is volunteering his time and work, as his primary goal is to share his knowledge and experience with you and the audience and make new connections with the dance community in Vietnam, opening new perspectives of communication and interaction.
- Dancenter supports with a studio residence and event logistics and coordination to bring you this opportunity to learn from an experienced director, choreographer, and artist.
- 11:11 Art Space is generously sponsoring the venue with the goodwill to support Vietnam’s artistic creative scene.
Together we wish:
- To offer you an opportunity to explore movement with a new perspective.
- To offer audience a new perspective of human communication with movement-based performers
- To offer you and us a chance to meet, learn and try. Fun!